In this episode we discuss;
Juggernaut, Suburban Dicks, X-Men Legends & More with Fabian Nicieza
The Comic Source Podcast
Jace is joined by the legendary Fabian Nicieza to talk about the recent Juggernaut series that we loved and they also chat about Fabian’s return to the 90’s to tell the unfinished tale of Adam-X. Plus, Fabian’s debut novel is dropping in June of 2021 and there is plenty of talk about the process and differences of writing prose versus comics. So much good information in this one and we hope you enjoy it as much as Jace enjoyed catching up with Fabian.
About Fabian Nicieza
Fabian Nicieza is a veteran comic book writer and editor who is best known for his work on Marvel titles such as X-Men, X-Force, New Warriors, Cable, Deadpool and Thunderbolts, among others. He had some definitive runs and stories at the publisher and has helped create beloved characters like Deadpool and Domino. He has his debut novel coming later this year from Penguin random House, Suburban Dicks.
- Writing comics – anything left to accomplish
- How would you describe the series?
- What made you want to tell a Cain Marko story?
- Tone of the series & working with Ron Garney
- Talk to us about D-Cel
- Villains as heroes, hero of your own story vs real hero.
- Cain Marko unstoppable, more than the gem
- More story to tell?
- X-Men Legends – Issue #2 March 31st
- Give us an idea of what the series is
- How did you get involved with the project?
- Why come back to the Adam-X story?
- Working with Brett Booth
- First Novel – Suburban Dicks June 22, 2021
- Premise of the story
- Shifting to prose
- Outrage – WebToon