In this episode we discuss;
Lavender Jack Season 2 – WEBTOON Wednesday with Dan Schkade
The Comic Source Podcast
- Remind us what Lavender Jack is about
- Eisner Nomination
- How do you feel now that you have a whole season under your belt?
- Did the story, plotting and pacing, work out like you expected?
- Anything you would go back and do differently?
- What characters or plot points did readers most respond to?
- What did you enjoy most in terms of fan reaction?
- Talk to us about Episode 23 and the different iterations of Lavender Jack
- One type of epsiode you put out periodically were the “recap” episodes, what was the thinking there?
- Was there anything you learned in terms of your workflow?
- Your color artist Jenn Manley Lee did a superb job of capturing the feel of the world. Did you find the collaboration getting even better as the season unfolded?
- At what point did you know there was going to be a Season Two?
- Did you have any idea for a follow up season beyond a prequel type story starring Madame Ferrier?
- Can you tell us what season two is about?
- What are the challenges with this follow up season? Keeping it fresh, not repeating yourself?
- What has you most excited about the upcoming season
- Anything to add about the WEBTOON platform itself?
- Last thoughts?
About the Creator – Dan Schkade
Dan Schkade [SHKAH-dee, rhymes with ‘body’] is a freelance cartoonist from Austin, Texas. His credits include the Ringo and Eisner Award-Nominated Webtoon series Lavender Jack, Will Eisner’s The Spirit Returns, Battlestar Galactica: Gods and Monsters, San Hannibal, and The Private Files of The Fowl, among others. He lives in Indianapolis, Indiana, and is a member-at-large of the comic creator collective Helioscope.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 60 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with The Jim Henson Company, Crunchyroll, Legendary Comics, POW!, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 – winner of three. In November 2019, WEBTOON turned on their Spanish-language service within the app launching the new setting with 25 translated Originals. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4