In this episode we discuss;
The Comic Source Podcast
Top Cow Thursday
Witchblade with Caitlin Kittredge
- Quick Intro
- History With Comics
- Previous Work
- What’s your version of Witchblade all about?
- How familiar where you with the previous version?
- Did you feel any added pressure because the first iteration was so well known?
- Your take feels more noirish, can you talk a little bit about embracing the supernatural aspect of the Artifact Universe?
- Your story also feels more rooted in character rather than action, do you feel that’s where your strength lies as a writer?
- Witchblade in the past was very much known for its visuals, can you talk a little about your collaboration with artist Roberta Ingranata?
- Was the look for Alex a back and forth, did you turn Roberta loose? How did that come about?
- Getting back to character, there are several great supporting characters both male and female, do you enjoy writing a large cast?
- You’ve given Alex the role of a victims advocate and it’s such a great choice as she herself may be the character most in need of help, but it shows her compassion. Was that the role you conceived for the character right from the start?
- The first volume ends on a bit of a cliffhanger, Alex has been through SO MUCH in her life, can we expect to see you continue to explore Alex’s past as the stories continues?
- Other Work
- Anything else to share with our listeners?
- Best place to follow your work on social media?