In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Brass & Sass with Enlik
The Comic Source Podcast
- Give us your history with comics
- Previous work
- Brass & Sass
- Tell us what the strip is about
- How did the concept develop over time,
- Did it change at all from your original idea?
- What made you want to combine music & sequential art?
- Do you have a background in music?
- We some some hints of romance also, is it fair to say you will be mixing genres, slice of life with romance?
- Can you give us a rundown on the characters we have met so far?
- Which character is the easiest for you to write?
- Is there a particular character you have a harder time writing?
- Tell us about your art style, what is the feel you are going for?
- Is it a challenge depicting music visually?
- How did the strip come to be on WEBTOON?
- What do you like most about working with the platform?
- You’ve only just started but what do you feel is the most important lesson you have learned so far?
- Have you received a lot of good feedback from readers, particularly those who were or are in High School band?
- Have you had a chance to interact with any other WEBTOON creators and get some advice?
- Anything else to share?
About this Creator
Enlik “antlerella” Kildibekova
A Kazakh-Canadian artist with a fondness for deer. Fueled by sparkles.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 55 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Founded by NAVER Webtoon in 2004, WEBTOON became a cultural phenomenon and pioneered the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. Launched stateside in 2014, WEBTOON has thousands of creator-owned titles with episodes updating daily. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with Legendary, Lucasfilm, POW!, Top Cow/Image, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, as well as winning a multitude of Ringo Awards – seven in 2018. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #