In this episode we discuss;
Webtoon Wednesday – The Kiss Best with Ingrid Ochoa
The Comic Source Podcast
- Background with comics, did you grow up reading them? Preference for manga over more western style books
- Transitioning to creator
- The Kiss Bet
- Tell our listeners what the story is all about.
- What was it about this idea and this story that made you want to tell it?
- Do you think that love, relationships and romance is something everyone can relate too?
- In what ways do you relate to Sara the main character?
- Can you give us a run down on some of the other main characters?
- Has there been anything about this story as you have been developing it that has surprised you, a part of the story that developed in a way you didn’t expect?
- You transitioned over from the Discover side and that has given you the chance to re-release the episodes for a whole new audience are there any aspects or parts of the strips you have taken the chance to change? Maybe something you realized would work better in a different way?
- Let’s talk about pacing, do you find that to be a challenge?
- I found the strip to be extremely readable and the characters very compelling. Is that something you consciously worked on or do you feel it is just a by product of the world and narrative you’ve created?
- Is there anything coming up in the strip that you want to tease that has you particularly excited?
- Is WEBTOON a platform you would recommend to aspiring creators?
- How do you feel WEBTOON helps to nurture new voices?
- Have you had the chance to meet any other WEBTOON creators?
- Did the strip catch on and build a fan community right away or did it build more slowly?
- Are there any particular fan interactions that stand out in your mind?
- Anything else you would like to share?
About the Creator – Ingrid Ochoa
Ingrid Ochoa is a Mexican webcomic artist, graphic designer, and published children’s book illustrator now based in Utah. Her ultimate dream is to someday have a cat…oh, and a family.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 55 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Founded by NAVER Webtoon in 2004, WEBTOON became a cultural phenomenon and pioneered the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. Launched stateside in 2014, WEBTOON has thousands of creator-owned titles with episodes updating daily. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with Legendary, Lucasfilm, POW!, Top Cow/Image, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, as well as winning a multitude of Ringo Awards – seven in 2018. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #