In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Code Adam with Atterozen
The Comic Source Podcast
The Comic Source Podcast
Code Adam with Rozen
- Give us your background with comics, did you grow up reading them? Any favorites?
- When did you start entertaining the idea of becoming a creator
- Previous Work?
- Code Adam
- Give us an idea of what the story is all about?
- How long have you been developing the concept?
- Any particular parts of the world-building process that were challenging?
- How would you describe the style of the world you’ve created?
- The horrors themselves that we’ve seen very much look alike visually, but the renegades all look more unique, can you talk a little about that?
- Can you give us a rundown of the main characters?
- What are some of the themes you are looking to explore?
- Is it more about being trapped by expectations or by circumstance?
- Defying one’s nature and finding your place in the world seems to be an idea a lot of Webtoon creators explore, what is the appeal of that to you as a creator?
- How did you find your way to WEBTOON?
- In terms of the technical process of creating, what is it that you like best about creating a strip for WEBTOON?
- I know it is early days but how has the response been so far?
- Any reactions or fan interactions that stand out to you already?
- Do you feel like you have already built a good fan community for the strip in this short time?
- When you were getting the strip ready to launch did you have a chance to speak to any other WEBTOON creators for advice?
- How welcoming have you found the WEBTOON creator community to be?
- Anything else to add?
About the Creator – Atterozen
Atterozen is an American attracted to handsome older men and moth housewives.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 55 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Founded by NAVER Webtoon in 2004, WEBTOON became a cultural phenomenon and pioneered the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. Launched stateside in 2014, WEBTOON has thousands of creator-owned titles with episodes updating daily. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with Legendary, Lucasfilm, POW!, Top Cow/Image, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, as well as winning a multitude of Ringo Awards – seven in 2018. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #