In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Castle Swimmer with Wendy Lian Martin
The Comic Source Podcast
- History with comics
- Grow up reading them?
- Decision to become a creator
- Previous work
- Castle Swimmer
- What the story is all about?
- Target audience
- Themes of responsibility
- Destiny vs free will
- Romantic aspects to the story
- Why did you choose to tell this story and explore these themes with Mer-People?
- Has the story played out as you planned or have there been changes along the way?
- Talk a little about the world building when you first started planning the story
- So we have not seen much beyond the Shark Castle, will that be changing in the near future?
- What do you enjoy most about creating the story, the writing or the visuals?
- What’s your favorite part about having the strip on WEBTOON?
- How has the fan reaction to the strip been?
- Do you enjoy interacting with your readers?
- Have you gotten the chance to meet any fans in person? What about other WEBTOON creators?
- Do you find the WEBTOON creator community to be very supportive?
- Anything else to share?
Wendy Lian Martin is a digital artist from Iowa who enjoys making comics.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 55 million monthly active users, with north of 10 million daily readers – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Founded by NAVER Webtoon in 2004, WEBTOON became a cultural phenomenon and pioneered the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. Launched stateside in 2014, WEBTOON has thousands of creator-owned titles with episodes updating daily. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON is always working to enhance the user experience with technology – including enhanced FX Toons, which allow creators to include music or animation in their WEBTOON to benefit user immersion. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with Legendary, Lucasfilm, POW!, Top Cow/Image, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics.WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, as well as winning a multitude of Ringo Awards – seven in 2018. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #