In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Edith with Swansgarden
The Comic Source Podcast
Jace chats with the creator of Edith about the trials and tribulations of romance. the pitfalls we all fall into when searching for love and the fashion sense so apparent in this new WEBTOON strip.
- History with comics
- When did you discover sequential storytelling?
- Grow up reading comics?
- Decision to make comics?
- Previous Work
- History with comics
- Tell us what the series is all about
- What is is about this story that that made you feel like you had to get it out there to be read?
- Are you drawing from a lot of personal experiences with the situations Edith finds herself in?
- Edith really seems to define herself, her happiness and even her success in terms of relationships, can you talk a little about that?
- Do you think that is something that a lot of people do and what are your thoughts on the reasons behind it?
- Beyond the struggle to move beyond defining yourself through romantic relationships, what are some of the other themes you are exploring with Edith?
- This is a pretty relevant strip in terms of exploring the things we carry with us, the baggage so to speak. Have you felt like it’s connecting with your readers in that way?
- How would you describe your art style?
- Did you develop this style specifically for Edith or is it the style you always work in and why do you feel it suits this type of story so well?
- What can you tease for our listeners and your readers about what is coming up in the strip?
- How did the strip end up at WEBTOON?
- How has the experience been working with them?
- You recently attended a convention as a WEBTOON creator, how was that?
- What has your experience been interaction with the community of other WEBTOON creators?
- Anything else to else to share?
Swansgarden is an illustrator, comic artist and fashion enthusiast. She loves drawing pretty boys and bothering her cats.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 digital comics app, averaging more than 50 million monthly active users, with north of 10 million daily readers – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Founded by NAVER Webtoon in 2004, WEBTOON became a cultural phenomenon and pioneered the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. Launched stateside in 2014, WEBTOON has thousands of creator-owned titles with episodes updating daily. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON is always working to enhance the user experience with technology – including enhanced FX Toons, which allow creators to include music or animation in their WEBTOON to benefit user immersion. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with Legendary, Lucasfilm, POW!, Top Cow/Image, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics.WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards, as well as winning a multitude of Ringo Awards – including seven in 2018. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4