In this episode we discuss;
Punk Mambo with Adam Gorham – Valiant Sunday
The Comic Source Podcast
Jace chats with artist Adam Gorham about his upcoming title from Valiant, Punk Mambo, how excited he is to be working at Valiant again and his favorite thing about Punk Mambo to illustrate.
- History with comics
- Previous work
- Punk Mambo
- Tell us about the new series you have coming out from Valiant & it’s Breakthrough initiative
- How did you get involved in the project?
- Where you familiar with the character when they brought you on?
- What are you thought on Punk Mambo as a character and how does that inform how you visualize her and then bring her to life on the page?
- This is a great jumping on point for new readers and there is something there for long-time Valiant fans as well right?
- Can you tell us a little bit about the collaboration with Cullen Bunn? And the other members of the team.
- Have you worked with Valiant before? Looking forward to doing more with work with Valiant.
PUNK MAMBO #1 (of 5)
Written by CULLEN BUNN
Art by ADAM GORHAM
Cover A by DAN BRERETON
Cover B by ZU ORZU
Cover C by CRIS DELARA
Punk Variant Cover by DAN BRERETON
Blank Cover Also Available
- New series, new digs, same Punk attitude!
- From writer Cullen Bunn (Venom) and artist Adam Gorham (New Mutants: Dead Souls) comes this hilariously horrifying tale.
- Punk Mambo is a hard-living voodoo priestess who grew up in London, then relocated to Louisiana’s Bayou Country. Now, she’s a mystical mercenary for hire.
- In her first-ever solo series, Punk Mambo investigates a series of abductions in the New Orleans gutter punk scene, stumbling upon a deadlier mystery that takes her to the haunted shores of Haiti.
$3.99 | 32 pgs. | T+ | On sale APRIL 24th