In this episode we discuss;
The Comic Source Podcast
AfterShock Monday; Last Space Race Spotlight with Peter Calloway
Jace is joined by writer to talk about the future of space exploration, the curious exploratory nature of humans and his new title The Last Space Race.
- History with comics
- Previous work
- What is The Last Space Race all about?
- What do you think is the worth in telling this story? Entertainment? Source of Inspiration?
- What is it at our core that makes humans explorers? Curiosity? Challenge? Survival?
- Let’s talk about story structure, what’s been the biggest challenge going from live action stories to sequential?
- Have you had to make any adjustments in the way you approach characterization? plot? Pacing?
- Tell us about the main characters who are racing to the stars? Who are they? What makes them tick?
- Without naming any names have you drawn on any real life figures as the inspiration for these characters? Do you think readers may find them familiar?
- Tell us about your artist on the book, how did Alex Shibao become involved?
- When Alex came on did you have the story pretty dialed plot wise or did you adjust anything to suit his strengths?
- What do you like most about Alex’s visuals? What do you feel he is highlighting with his art? Character? Tone? Mood?
- Anything else you want to share with our listeners? Upcoming work?
- Follow Peter on Twitter