In this episode we discuss;
The Comic Source Podcast
Volition with Ryan Parrot
Writer – Ryan Parrot, Artist – Omar Francia
- Quick Intro
- History with Comics
- Previous Work
- Give our listeners an idea of what the title is about
- What was it about this idea that compelled you to tell this story?
- How did you get involved with AfterShock?
- How did series artist Omar Francia get involved in the project? Was he someone you had in mind or did AfterShock bring him in?
- What was the collaboration process like between you and Omar when building the world and look of the title? What was the tone and feel you two are going for?
- Ideas Behind the Story
- A.I. as a concept has been around for a long time, and all the tropes that go with it, human enslavement, annihilation, war with machines … it’s all been done. You throw that out in the first few pages and want to tell a different story, can you talk a bit about that?
- There still are so many interesting ideas to explore when talking about A.I. at its core it’s humans creating life, playing God in a way. As we as a species are imperfect it stands to reason our creations may be imperfect too. What are your thoughts about that?
- We spend so much time figuring out how to do things, shouldn’t we stop and ask if we should do them?
- Extending the idea of life and what it means to be alive, it does seem like you are exploring that idea a bit, with “robots” as a stand in for humans in the struggle for survival, dominance,
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply