In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Yuna & Kawachan with Lauren Schmidt
The Comic Source Podcast
- History with Comics
- Transitioning to creator
- Previous work
- Yuna & Kawachan
- Give us an idea of what the strip is about
- Tell us about the main characters
- If it doesn’t spoil anything can you give us an idea of what happened to the world?
- What are some of your inspiration for the story?
- Are there any themes or big ideas you plan to explore in the story?
- How as the initial reaction to the strip?
- Os there anything coming up that has you particularly excited for readers to experience?
- Tell us a little about designing the world and characters
- Can you take us through your workflow for creating an individual episode?
- How did the strip end up on WEBTOON?
- What are your thoughts on the vertical scroll?
- Do you think WEBTOON is a good platform for aspiring creators?
- What are your thoughts on the fan community of WEBTOON?
- Anything else to add?
About the Creator – Lauren Schmidt
Lauren is a Brooklyn-based animator and storyboard artist. She enjoys growing plants on her windowsill, going for walks, and is almost always dancing.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 60 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with The Jim Henson Company, Crunchyroll, Legendary Comics, POW!, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 – winner of three. In November 2019, WEBTOON turned on their Spanish-language service within the app launching the new setting with 25 translated Originals. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4