In this episode we discuss;
Find out more details about Jupiter Jet and the Forgotten Radio HERE!
Jupiter Jet Volume 2 is coming! Check it out on Kickstarter
WEBTOON Wednesday – Crumbs with Danie Stirling
The Comic Source Podcast
Check out Crumbs on WEBTOON
- History with Comics
- Transitioning to creator
- Previous work
- Tell us what the story is about
- Why the choice to mix romance with magic?
- What are some of your inspirations for the story, it has a bit of a Harry Potter vibe.
- Talk to us about the main characters?
- When we first meet Ray she seems a bit lonely but still very upbeat, did her growth in the first season play out like you planned?
- What are some of the challenges Ray will face in season 2
- Laurie is a positive character too, but he has some sadness in his past as well. Will you explore that more as the story moves on?
- Which characters are the most challenging to write and which come more naturally?
- Do you see more of yourself in one character or another?
- The first season focused very much on the two main characters, will season two explore more of the supporting cast?
- Talk to us about your art, is the strip typical of your style?
- Is there a particular part of the visuals that is harder for you than the rest?
- How did you develop the characters looks? Was it trial and error or did you know right away how they would look?
- Tell us about the community of fans who read Crumbs, are they very passionate about the story and characters?
- Are there any interactions which stand out to you?
- How do you feel about WEBTOON as a platform?
- What advice would you give someone who is looking to take the next step with their strip?
- Anything else to add?
About the Creator – Danie Stirling
Whitherling is the cave-dwelling gremlin creator of a handful of fantasy webcomics. They’re fascinated by shiny things and can sometimes be observed leaving their cave in the company of a pair of small wizardly dogs.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 60 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with The Jim Henson Company, Crunchyroll, Legendary Comics, POW!, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 – winner of three. In November 2019, WEBTOON turned on their Spanish-language service within the app launching the new setting with 25 translated Originals. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply