In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Da Yomanville Gang with Jason King
The Comic Source Podcast
- History with comics
- Education/Transition to creator
- Previous Work
- Da Yomanville Gang
- Give our listeners an idea of what the story is about
- Can you describe the main characters for us?
- Tell us about conceiving of the idea originally?
- Who are some of the inspirations for the characters in the strip?
- How the characters evolved so far the way that you had planned?
- What if anything about the story has surprised you? Is there anything you have changed or that played out differently than you first thought?
- Where there any themes you specifically wanted to explore when you started out?
- Is there a particular aspect of the story which has seemed to resonate most with your readers?
- What part of the strip do you enjoy creating most, the narrative of the visual?
- Give us a breakdown of your workflow when putting together an individual episode?
- Is there anything coming up that has you really excited for the readers to experience?
- Give us your thoughts on WEBTOON as a platform
- Is there anything you would tell an aspiring creator that you wish someone has told you when you were starting out?
- What do you like most about the WEBTOON community both readers and fellow creators?
- Anything else to share?
About the Creator – Jason King
I’m a British boy who has been trying to draw comics all their life. I have a C grade in French and I’m at my worst when playing video games competitively. After a few years of trying out animation on Youtube, I’ve since returned to my first love of making comics again. (Great decision!)
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 60 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with The Jim Henson Company, Crunchyroll, Legendary Comics, POW!, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 – winner of three. In November 2019, WEBTOON turned on their Spanish-language service within the app launching the new setting with 25 translated Originals. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4