In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Blue Milk Special & Heartwired with Leanne & Rod Hannah
The Comic Source Podcast
- History with Comics
- Journey to Creator
- Previous Work
- Blue Milk Special
- Give our listeners an idea of what the strip is about
- Tell us about your personal feelings about Star Wars
- How has the strip changed if at all since you started
- What has the reaction from the Star Wars community been like?
- What is the biggest challenge with the strip?
- How did you come up with some of the great sight gags for the strip, like Vader with a coffee mug?
- Do you have any personal favorite episodes from over the years?
- Are there any fan favorites that stand out in your mind?
- Talk to us a little about the future of the strip, what can readers look forward to?
- Any end in sight for the strip?
- Give us a quick overview of your Heartwired strip
- How do you feel now that the story is complete?
- Any thought to going back and telling more stories in this world you created?
- Do you feel like you explored the themes of independence and consequence of choice that you set out to?
- Anything that surprised you about the story as it unfolded? Were there any parts of the story that changed?
- From a fan perspective was there anything that happened in the strip that fans reacted to in a way that was unexpected?
- What was the most enjoyable thing about the strip from a visual perspective?
- Give us your thoughts on WEBTOON as a platform?
- Have you found that most of your fans are readers of both your strips?
- Have you had the opportunity to meet any of your fans at conventions and such? If so what was that experience like?
- Anything else to add?
About Rod & Leanne Hannah
Rod Hannah writes for the two-time Harvey Award winning Mice Templar and the magazine Cereal: Geek. He has written and self-published a children’s picture book called Hickory Hippo and the Snow Mystery, the all-ages comic book Once Upon a Caper, and popular ongoing webcomic series Blue Milk Special.
Leanne Hannah is an illustrator who has worked on projects for Marvel Comics, Hasbro, Scholastic and Mattel, amongst others. In her spare time, she and her husband Rod collaborate on a Star Wars webcomic called Blue Milk Special.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 60 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with The Jim Henson Company, Crunchyroll, Legendary Comics, POW!, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 – winner of three. In November 2019, WEBTOON turned on their Spanish-language service within the app launching the new setting with 25 translated Originals. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4