In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Kind of Love > The Break Up
The Comic Source Podcast
- History with comics
- Journey to creator
- Previous work
- Kind of Love
- Give us an idea of what the story is about
- Was it always conceived as a 4 episode story?
- How do you feel about the story structure with the big jumps in time?
- Would you ever consider going back and filling in the gaps?
- Tell us about the evolution of the story from when you first conceived of it
- What would you say to readers that say it feels incomplete? There is no “Happy Ending” so to speak.
- Why did you want to explore this aspect of a relationship?
- Who do you identify with more Mike or Connie?
- Talk to us about your collaboration with the artist on the series
- What did you like best about working with Rhett?
- What can you tell us anything about this short story format idea that The Break Up is a part of?
- Anthologies have always been a part of comics, what was behind the move for WEBTOON to try out this format?
- Was there some thought that this might be a good way for some creators to “try” WEBTOON out? Or vice versa?
- Any thought to reach out to some big names in the traditional print side of publishing to see if they’d like to participate in any future anthologies?
- Give me your thoughts on WEBTOON as a platform
- How do you feel about the fan community?
- What has the response been like for The Break Up?
- Would you recommend WEBTOON as a platform for aspiring creators?
- Anything else to share?
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 60 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with The Jim Henson Company, Crunchyroll, Legendary Comics, POW!, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 – winner of three. In November 2019, WEBTOON turned on their Spanish-language service within the app launching the new setting with 25 Originals. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4