In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Third Shift Society with Meredith Moriarty
The Comic Source Podcast
- History with comics
- Artistic Education
- Previous Work
- Third Shift Society
- Elevator Pitch, what’s the story all about?
- How long have you been working on this story?
- How has it changed over time?
- Give us a run down on the main characters
- How much of yourself is in Ellie?
- She seems somewhat of an every-woman trying to find her place in the world, is that how you have made her relatable?
- Is the search for identity and purpose something that intrigues you as a storyteller?
- What are some of the other ideas that you like to explore that we may see in the story.
- Talk to us about Ichabod, he seems to be remarkably level-headed especially for someone whose head is a pumpkin.
- Can we expect to explore his past & origins at some point?
- Give us your thoughts on WEBTOON as a platform?
- What do you like most about the format, vertical scroll and such?
- How have you found the readership on WEBTOON to be?
- Do you have a lot of fans that have followed you and this strip from place to place?
- Any fan interactions that stand out as your favorites?
- What do you like best about the WEBTOON creative community?
- Anything else to share?
About Meredith Moriarty
Comic book artist, illustrator, gamer, devourer of many chocolate cakes.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 60 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with The Jim Henson Company, Crunchyroll, Legendary Comics, POW!, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 – winner of three. In November 2019, WEBTOON turned on their Spanish-language service within the app launching the new setting with 25 Originals. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4