In this episode we discuss;
The Comic Source Podcast
CANVAS with Jes Krampe
- Give us your background and how you got started with WEBTOON and CANVAS
- What is involved in being a CANVAS coordinator?
- What is your day to day like?
- What do you like best about working with CANVAS?
- Can you breakdown the difference between CANVAS and Originals?
- How are CANVAS series chosen for promotion by WEBTOON?
- How many CANVAS series series are promoted at a time and in what ways are they promoted?
- How does a series move from CANVAS to Originals?
- Is there a certain number of strips you are looking to move over in a particular time frame?
- What advice would you have for CANVAS creators looking to take the next step? What have you seen that has worked for creators in the past?
- For the strips on CANVAS it is possible to monetize even though you are not receiving a page rate like you are on Originals, can you tell us about the Ad Revenue program?
- Can you tell us about the Beta Creator Credit that ends 12/31/19?
- Also WEBTOON has some new financial programs for 2020, is there anything you can share with us about them?
- Anything else to share?
About Jes Krampe
Jes Krampe came to WEBTOON in 2018 after finishing her animation studies. Her passion for creativity and getting stories out into the world has only grown thanks to her work, and she will always be an advocate for independent creators.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 55 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with Legendary, Lucasfilm, POW!, Top Cow/Image, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 as well as winning seven Ringo Awards in 2018. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4