In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Pound with Orlando Caicedo
The Comic Source Podcast
- History with comics
- Transition to creator
- Previous Work
- What’s the story about
- Rundown of the main characters
- How did the collaboration with Tony Karnowski come about?
- How does the workflow for an episode work?
- What do you enjoy most about working on the strip?
- Which character do you relate to most?
- What inspired the strip are you an MMA fan?
- Any other manga or comics out there you drew inspiration from?
- Family and loyalty are obviously big themes in the story, do you think about the big idea you wanted to explore at all or has it happened organically?
- Anything you want to tease coming up that has you excited?
- How did the strip end up on WEBTOON?
- What do you think of the vertical scroll?
- How has the fan reaction been?
- Any interactions with your readers that stand out in your mind?
- Have you heard from readers who are also fight fans?
- Anything else to share?
About the creator – Orlando Caicedo
Colombian born Orlando Caicedo has worked on animated TV shows such as Archer, Frisky Dingo, The Xtacles and Unsupervised. Currently working stateside as a freelance illustrator and addicted to drawing.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 55 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with Legendary, Lucasfilm, POW!, Top Cow/Image, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 as well as winning seven Ringo Awards in 2018. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4