In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Spotlight on Canvas with Danika Harrod
The Comic Source Podcast
- Background with Comics
- How did you join WEBTOON
- Any creative experience
- Tell us about Canvas
- Who are you trying to reach with the canvas platform in terms of creators
- Why do you feel like Canvas is a good option for aspiring comic creators
- What are the benefits of using this digital platform to self-publish rather than the traditional print method?
- What specific support and tools does WEBTOON offer to help with getting started?
- What sort of devices do creators use to create their content and what do you recommend for someone just getting started?
- What sorts of graphic files are supported by the platform?
- Can you walk us through the process for someone who has created digital content and a tablet for example and wants to upload their first strip?
- What can you share about the creator community on Canvas?
- Anything else you want to share with aspiring creators?
Join WEBTOON at LA Comic Con Booth #125
Friday 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Saturday 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM
Sunday 9:30 Am to 5:00 PM
Saturday 11 AM – WEBTOON: Romance Revolution – Room 308AB
Saturday 2:00 PM – WEBTOON :Finding the Goddess Room – Spotlight on Lore Olympus Creator Rachel Smythe – Room 308AB
Saturday 4:30 PM – WEBTOON: Welcome to the Digital Frontier – Room 308AB
Sunday 11:00 AM – WEBTOON: Publishing Your Series and Growing Your Readership on Canvas! – Room 308AB
Sunday 2:30 PM – WEBTOON: Let’s Play with Mongie! – Room 308AB
Sunday 4:00 PM – WEBTOON: Spotlight on LGBTQ in Webcomics – Room 308AB
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 55 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with Legendary, Lucasfilm, POW!, Top Cow/Image, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 as well as winning seven Ringo Awards in 2018. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4