In this episode we discuss;
WEBTOON Wednesday – Spotlight on Canvas with Hisekii
The Comic Source Podcast
- Background with comics
- Becoming a creator
- Previous work
- Give us an overview of Canvas on WEBTOON
- What does Canvas offer as a platform that is unique
- Tell us about your strips on Canvas
- How much time did you invest in your strips before you felt they were ready to “launch”?
- Talk to us about your process for producing a strip
- How important is time management when working on a project?
- How can you monetize your content on the Canvas side?
- Talk to us about becoming your own brand, how important is it in your mind?
- What are some of the best steps a creator can take when starting out to be their own brand?
- What about diversity as an artist? Can you stay in one genre or even one story and make it work?
- Do you think artists and creators starting out should try to be more diverse in story, style or content or is it more important to do one thing really well.
- How do you feel WEBTOON compares to other distribution platforms out there?
- What kind of support does WEBTOON offer for the Canvas platform?
- Are there any expectations of release schedule on Canvas?
- Anything else you would like to share with us?
About the Creator – Hisekii
A shark loving popoto that wants to be stepped on by a gundam.
WEBTOON™ is the #1 webcomics app, averaging more than 55 million monthly active users, with north of 15 million daily readers, and more than 100,000,000,000 views annually – more people read web comics on our platform in one day than watch most television shows. Launched in 2014, WEBTOON has become a cultural phenomenon pioneering the distribution and consumption of web-based comics. WEBTOON features a broad and diverse catalog of content – including fantasy, romance, sci-fi, LGBTQ, and more. The WEBTOON app is free to download on Android and iOS devices. The content is free and downloadable, for reading when offline. WEBTOON boasts partnerships with Legendary, Lucasfilm, POW!, Top Cow/Image, and more. WEBTOON takes the comic experience to the next level by providing readers with daily curated content and giving creators an intuitive platform designed to help them easily publish and publicize their own original comics. WEBTOON creators have been nominated for multiple Eisner Awards – three in 2019, nominated for twelve Ringo Awards in 2019 as well as winning seven Ringo Awards in 2018. WEBTOON is available on iOS, Android, and desktop.
# # #
Sizzle Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTB2nsr9sA4